Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

My thanks to everyone for your words of support and comfort, which have greatly heartened me and helped to alleviate my sadness. Thank you !

We still can't believe that she is really gone !  Much too soon, Chickadee would only have been 8 years old in December.  With the birth of Girly's pups we would have rejoiced to see her in her role as a fabulous grandma.   The house is really empty without her ... we miss her presence so much, our grief is unbearable.

Some words for my sweet darling . . .

"Hello my beautiful one, already more than 24 hours since you left us, I can't believe it, is it a nightmare ? I hope that you are fine wherever you are, and that you are together with your loved ones, I'm certain that your mama and your grandma are there to watch over you. Oh my beautiful girl, my tears won't stop and I'm missing the comfort you used to bring me. Thank you my darling for being here for more than seven years, and what years they were ! You and I were one, you responded to everything I said to you, even the tiniest word. When we went walking together you constantly watched me, as I did you, and I believe we almost become one being together. With you I discovered the whole world of dogs : as for obedience where you excelled (when you wanted to !), you won your diploma for obedience at the first attempt and with 91.5% ! We discovered hunting together, and you adored it, although you never quite grasped that you were supposed to stop the game, not catch it and bring it to me as a present ! You would have made an excellent retriever !! You were a queen in the show ring, and you gave me the most wonderful times. When you climbed to the highest steps on the podium, you knew just how to make everyone talk about you ! What joy you brought me. All our wonderful times together are engraved on my heart for ever. Thank you for having given me two marvellous little ones, they are my pride and joy and you too can be proud of them. You gave life to 21 magnificent children, you were such a kind and sweet mama. In a few days your little Girly will also give life to more grandsons and grand-daughters - and we will still think about what a wonderful grandma you would have made ! We won't forget to whisper in the ears of the little ones just how exceptional you were, and how they must do everything possible to shine in your memory. And now I must carry on without you. I'll try to be strong, but believe me, this is not "au revoir", but rather "see you soon" my beautiful, my sweet Chickadee. "

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Charlotte, so sorry to hear the sad news of Chickadee, thinking of you in your sadness, but looking forward to the safe arrival of her grandchildren, best wishes, Linda and Jet xx
Charlotte it is so hard and for all of us who have felt this pain we feel it again with and for you
Lois, Hamilton and Micawber xx
What a beautiful video you have made for Chickadee Charlotte.... I feel your pain and still cannot believe that this really happened. I know that you have given her the best life that she could ever have had. But so unfair that this had to end so soon. I really have no words and wish I could take away some of your pain. Big hug to you from me, Jim, Julie Clover and Kill Bill.
Beautyful tribute for Chickadee, saying everthing... Big hug, Aylien
A beautiful video to celebrate the life of a beautiful girl.  R.I.P. Chickadee running free at the Rainbow Bridge :o(
Dear Charlotte, my tears are just falling as I read this. I know putting this video together would have given you strength and purpose but the loss, the empty place are vast I know only too well. To love is to hurt but we must love. They give so much. She is at peace Im sure. Take care x
Charlotte, I am so sad for you........ take care and in between the tears do smile when you think of your girl........ x
so sorry to hear of your loss charlotte
Lovely tribute.  Best wishes to you and Girly Girl on her soon joyous event  ... the little ones may be the only ones to make you feel a bit better.  Hugs.
Such a beautiful and much loved girl. Run free Chickadee....

Indeed Charlotte once we will see them again. At the rainbow bridge.

Your text made me cry before my PC.

Do you allow me to say how much respect I have for you.

Not only as a friend but also as a young breeder.

You have still respect for the breed of our Irish Setters; not for the money.

Charlotte, this tribute is so beautiful.  I have tears in my eyes as I write this.  I am so sorry. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service