Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

renting in Somerset/northern Cornwall with dog

I'm thinking of spending my upcoming sabbatical in England (Somerset/northern Cornwall), and wonder how difficult it is to rent a country cottage that allows pets. Not a holiday let, but ten months or so. Do any of you have experience with that kind of thing?

Claudia

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you know where you want to live in Somerset? 

Hi Jean,

Fortunately I'm pretty flexible. I need to be able to go in to Bath Spa U once a week or so, but anything within a reasonable drive is of interest as I expect to work from home a lot. Here in Stockholm I live by the sea, so I'm spoilt for views, but I'm happy (as will my four-legged family) as long as I'm in a rural location.

Well worth looking in the High Littlton area of Somerset, midway between Weston supper mare, Bath, and Wells. Lovely walks and close to cheddar gouge which is lovely, and the people are so friendly.  Good luck with your search :)

Thanks, Angela, I'll check it out. I'm in Bath in June and plan to rent a car to look at a few properties to see what's on offer. Claudia

see Lease Cottage  Bodmin Moor - see http://www.tregew.freeserve.co.uk/index.htm   I don't know if she does long lets but she may know of other cottages in the area

Hello Claudia

You could always try the aptly named Setter and Lee estate agents who operate in Somerset.
http://www.setter-lee.com/mobileDefault.php?let

Let me know if you need other estate agent names for the area.

Jane

Thanks, Jane, I'll try them and let you know how it works. The name (and logo) is definitely inspiring!

Best, Claudia

Hi,

I've just come back from a week in Bideford, North Devon. We booked through Holiday Cottages and they have a list of properties that allow dogs, plus the weekly rate for them. I've used this company a few times and we booked places with enclosed gardens with no problem.

Bryan

Thanks, Bryan. I'll check it out, but weekly rate sounds expensive as I'm looking for a 10-month rental, not a vacation house which tend to be more expensive.

Claudia

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service