Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Ok, I have a confession. I know this will make me feel better.
I am a dog racist. Whew. Do you know that saying," If it's not an Irish Setter, it's just a dog". It's true. I do apologize to you other breed owners but I can't help myself. Is there a dog with more personality. Doubtful I say. We all know the mischief they can get into but what are some of the sweet, cute things they do that make you just love them so much.

Keba makes these little grunty snorty sounds when you rub behind his ears or even when he's getting ready to go out as I put a lead on. It's almost like a cat purring. Sometimes in the house in the evening we can't find Rooker and then we find him sleeping in the strangest places like under the plant stand or the furthest corner. Plus I love it when they are on the floor together trying to eat the others head while moaning and grunting. Well makes up for the times when it's please stop.... or don't.... or no......

Please tell me I'm not alone in my affliction. What does your Irish do.?
(please note that by no means am I excluding the other Setter owners here. Let's have some funn!!)

Views: 1803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL
Whoa Kim, thought this was a family rated website. LOL
Spotted dick is the traditional pudding at English boarding schools, Rob! :-)

we were quite hard up when I was a kid so we never had savoury ducklings we had to make do with Faggots

Here's another one that Rooker does that makes me laugh.  Finn and Jo mentioned their guys stalking birds. Appropriate behavior for a bird dog but we are talking about Irish here. We have a small pond in the back stocked with bass and grass carp. When the light is just right and Rooker can see them, he tiptoes ( literally ) in the water in hopes of a catch. If I see him out there with a pole, it will be time to worry.

Malkie
Do you mean Finn or Rooker? I've heard about fishermen and their tales. :)
Uh and fisherwomen :)
Just remembered! Do your Irish scuff their feet along the floor? Mine do :0)
Ah yes! The best movers scuff their feet! :-)

Yes!!!!! moon walking ( most often backwards as well )

Another; When cleaning windows pup trying to get the cloth from the other side makeing the inside that you have just cieaned smeary again ahhhh ( hate cleaning windows ).

A constant chore front of the house window cleaning. Could be because my boys are such sticky beaks to see what going on in the street. We have to have our wet noses on the glass to get the best view!!

True Rhonda and then a cat walks by outside and chaos ensues.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service