Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

love--passionate-companionship--bestest friend in the hole wide world....my "max"

I have great news as most of you know already my good boy "max" was diagnosed with osteosarcoma ( bone cancer ) and i thought my world was coming to an end yet
he has the personality of a warrior and no one could stop him.

He had alot of blood work taken this morning and the results came back NEGATIVE for the spreading of the cancer i have never been so happy in all my life and it's
amazing the love you have for such an innocent dog who does not ask for much except to be loved and pampered meanwhile loving us more then we could ever know.

Anyway my fiancee and i are going to now move forward and have his right distal radius amputated to eliminate the pain / discomfort on tuesday and hopefully the surgery on sept 2nd will be a success.

I am so exstatic to know that he is going to be ok afterall the blood work alone has clearly proven the cancer has NOT SPREAD into his chest or anywhere else for that matter.

I cannot thank the gentle souls enough on here for being so supportive and caring when i thought i would lose it.

I have to admit nothing compares in this world with the love and affection i have for an animal who loves US uncoditionally.....you cannot put a price on such a heart warming moment that i now know is priceless........hopefully the surgery will go complication free.........his quality of life from here on out will be cherished and savored .........afterall he certainly loves us ands shows us more and more everyday how to love another and want nothing in return...

Rich

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rich and Max and fiancee:-)
what great news - we all know what a worrying time you are having and thank goodness those tests have come back good. Hope all goes well for the big op! It wont be long before Max will run about on three legs and be free of pain.
Wishing you all the very best!
Susan
I am there with you all the way! It is a very hard time but the latest news have given you so much hope! I will be thinking of you! Give him a cuddle from me and from my dogs too!
What great news...best of luck for next Tuesday..I am sure all will go well and soon Max will be pain free....Hugs to this brave boy

Sharyn
NZ

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service