Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

hi All

Just wondered if anyone knows the picture on my mug? Sorry rubbish picture, must get good camera.

Walking the girls one evening last winter, it was dark and raining hard, a lady came runing up behind us no coat or shoes soaking wet waving somthing in her hand.When she reached us she put a mug in my hand and said " I have seen you out with your dogs, and they are beautiful and well behaved you obviously love them, I had this in my cabbinet and I want you to have it, only you are aloud to drink from it, my name is Ronny" with that she was gone as quick as she had arrived.Just what I wanted in my wet slippery hands with two leads.

Was this a ghost or just a very kind person? I would love to have repayed her with a plant or chocs. but no one near there knows her !! I dont drink from this mug but keep it on a high shelf to remind me that there are lovely people in this world.

THE MUG; It is called "Total Elegance" staffordshire fine bone china.

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Plates, mugs and cards with this design on them have been for sale on Ebay.

It might be worth taking a look on there if you are interested in collecting items with the same picture printed on them.

Last night I got a phone call from the Belfast, lovely lady confirmed that they did have these in 2000, but gold rim not green as mine is. They were made by a man who has since passed on, and she has no idea who the artist might be.She has three plates left in her loft which she is going to ask if she can sell to me.I have googled Sue Oakley cannt find many picture and not this one ! Cannt find them on ebay or any of the other sites I have looked on, but not giving up yet ! Thank you all for your input on this x <:0)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service