Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

hello everyone can any one help! summer has a very sensitive stomach she gets full of wind ,and her toilet very loose so been to the vets they suggested chappie!! actually shes been loads better not smelling and toilet been good ,still full of wind in her stomach ,shes very slim and dosent putt weight on she goes to the toilet at least 6 times a day ,really want to find a biscuit, she was on james well beloved  does anyone have the same problem as summer?

Views: 996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about trying raw food with raw bones if you're dog isn't doing well on kibble etc.  Look up the BARF site

Teresa

well said susan

I take it that you were refering to me Susan, now there's a surprise!

My dogs are completely neurotic, absolute nervous wrecks and I beat them into submission every day...Take a look at my photo's and see for yourself .....Grrrrrr......... :-)

Mel , do you remember in the 1980's young dogs who failed to thrive and presented with poor body mass, loose motions, failure to gain weight were diagnosed with Gluten Sensitive Enteropathy, a condition found to be particular to Irish Setters which caused increased intestinal permeability and partial villous atrophy........in fact malabsorption.   Put onto a strict gluten free regime they flourished.  I remember the precautionary advice to keep youngsters up to 12 months of age routinely on a gluten free diet after which the digestive system would have developed sufficiently to be more caable of absorbing small amounts of gluten, if introduced gradually.  Arden Grange was one of the kibbles recommended for this condition, and it worked very well. 

I find tinned Chum pretty good for crash diets too!!!!

All RC used to be wheat free, they changed it a few years ago- without telling anyone, you don't read the pack every time you use it.

Oops that was meant to be a reply to Mel and it turned up here- I hadn't read Sue's comment!

Sometimes I think a zapper would be most useful :-)))
20,000 volts should do it :-)))

Hmmmmm......and Susan said I was aggressive!

True colours being shown now aren't they Eva and Sue......

Through gritted teeth I suppose.

Must remember next time I reply to a discussion to add a little smile at the end and then I won't be accused of being aggressive :-))

Just light hearted banter between two friends Val.....trying to put a little humour into the discussion cos it was starting to get a tad heavy.  You are reading more into this than it merits.
Im just glad my sense of humour is different to yours because I don't find humour in tazers, zappers or even using 20,000 volts remotely funny....oh! must not forget to add my little smile :-))
I am glad too Val.....student humour I'm afraid.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service