Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Leishmania vaccine - what would you do?

So...

The very first vaccine protecting dogs against Leishmaniasis in Europe is about to be released and the very first country where it'll be available is Portugal!

They say it's gong to be pricy, but that is not my main concern right now.

Having a vaccine available, I just can't wait to go and give it to my dogs, to get them safer. Pitanga and Romã love being in the water, and in our hot summer climate, they are more at risk because they like to freshen up in every bit of water they find. I currently protect them with Scalibor and Advantix, but this vaccine would put my mind at ease.

The thing is, its a brand new vaccine, and I'm worried about possible side effects that it may have and I'd like to see some numbers on how effective it really is.

What would you do? Would you go ahead and give the vaccine to your dogs, or would you rather wait a while longer and see if anything goes wrong with someone else's dogs?

Views: 1549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much Howard!

It'll take me a while to red trough it, but I think I'll find some answers here.

Thank you and Cornelia for all your trouble helping me finding information on the vaccine!

I'll make sure to keep you posted regarding my conclusions and my decision

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service