Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Right near the end of our walk up the Sidlaw hills today Murphy decides to jump up a stranger and left a cracking muddy footprint on his jacket.  I got seriously shouted at with things like "you bl**dy dog owners with out of control dogs off the lead", etc etc.  We've been working very hard on his "off" (and resorted to training discs which have helped immensely) but sometimes he just forgets (and as it happened, I didn't have the discs with me and was distracted with the other dog when it happened).  Oh dear.  Well, I suppose it had to happen sometime, but why oh why didn't he jump up one of the nicer people we met on our walk today (6 in total), instead of this gentlemen who obviously doesn't like dogs.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to offer to pay for his jacket to be dry cleaned (if indeed that's what it needed) because he was too busy shouting at me :-( 

Just thought I'd share.  Not going to let it ruin my day, although it did shake me up a bit.  Looks like I could do with some less public walks though... since they put up Forestry Commission signs at this particular walk it has turned into Picadilly Circus.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That;s'the point - you have to get your aim and your toming just right and when you are a novice, with an awkward dog and someone who looks like they are going to be annoyed at you, your timing might be out and your "correction" will be in vain

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service