Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Looking back at 2010 and looking forward to 2011

I just wondered how everyone will reply to this in regards to their lives with their dogs.

Looking back at our first year with Cash.  It is has been perfect.  He is a blessing to live with and is such a wonderful dog.  My thanks to our breeder because without her this dog wouldn't not be in my life.

Not sure that she feels the same way back!  He is happy, social, free spirited, loving and rather calm.  He healed our hearts and keeps a smile on our faces.  My fuzzy, wooly man.

Looking forward we often say that if he is this great now, he will be (pinch me) amazing and the perfect boy when matured.  Fingers crossed for good health to him and my family.

I want to wish all of you a very Prosperous New Year and a Healthy one too! 

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderful topic!

2010 was a rather bad year to me. Lots of things i wish i could erase happened. 

Pitanga and Romã have been there with me at all times and kept me going most of the time. Romã transformed herself into a goofy teenager that makes me laugh and smile at all times. Pitanga matured into a lovely lady and keeps at my side most of the day, regardless of how many rabbits there might be outside. 

All my dogs had a life threatening condition, but fortunately all are breathing health now.

I just heard that I finally "won" a stupid discussion i have been having with the portuguese kennel club for the last 2 years.

It seems that 2011 is going to be a great year and I look forward to see how my young Romã is going to mature. We also have litter plans for 2011 and I am looking forward to see how they will turn out!

I wish you all a Happy New Year. May you leave the bad things behind and the all the good ones with you!

Well, let me see the last year has whizzed by but alot happened. I turned 40, started college and my dad died all in the last 3 months. But i must say Reuben has settled into his new routine and we all fit together like a lovely complete jigsaw puzzle. He is however completely goofy and has the most cheekist of characters i have ever witnessed in an animal. He is always providing me with new challenges but I do notice now that I have relaxed around him, stopped fretting that I am doing it all right and really enjoying him and his antics. Reuben has grown rather alot this year, and I am hoping he has stopped now as like living with a small pony and hogs all the sofa space. He had a chemical implant in sept and this definitely helped with his constant humping and running off and will probably have another march and then we will review after that.Also Reuben has cured me of my tendencies to be overly houseproud and that I am extremely grateful for - the best therapy in the world.

We have a great year to look forward to, whilst i eagerly await any university offers and Reuben continues to mature but also thieve everything and anything... Haha

I know Sue.....we have a two day rain coming in and all this snow will flood/ice over and it will be a mess.

Those days you just chant....I love my dog, I love my dog, while you are mopping up the messes.

2010 wow fab! Or boy is one year old today and we reserved him from the litter around the 3rd of Jan so this year for us has been Murphy's year ........ He moved in late feb and from there life has never been the same...... I have lived in this house for 15 years and Murphy has introduced me to the countryside on my door step to lovely folks who walk their dogs (or should I say slide with us) .......

He is teaching us all how to be Irish setter owners and I think we are getting the hang of it, in that no two days are ever the same and even if we learn one thing today it will be different tomorrow!  .... 2011 should be just as much fun maybe more ..... We are planning and extension to the house, we may even try our luck at shows .....  And all going well towards the end of the year, a brother for our boy and even more Irish love in our home!

This morning we looked back onto a rather difficult 2010. We have had a rough ride and hope 2011 will be better.

But then, we have so much to celebrate. Anton and Gina are our happiness. They have grown so much, not just physically. There were times in 2010 in which our two "Red Angels" were were the ones who kept us on our feet, who made sure we maintained our sanity in all the madness we were going through. With their fun, their goofyness, their sense of humour.

Once we were on the beach and I took off my shoes. On the way back, Gina ran to my shoes, grabbed one of them and ran into the water with it. I swear, she smiled! She had this shoe in her mouth, just some inches above the water, as if to say, "I'll dump it!" Then she came out, gave me the shoe - it was dry. She knows how to make me laugh.

Come to think of it - Anton and Gina are the best that happened to us in years. Often I sit quietly with them (yes, it's possible with young Irish setters) and think: Thank you for being here with us.

We wish you all a wonderful 2011!

That was beautiful.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service