Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Hello all,

I am working on a 10 generations COI and I can't find all the pedigrees that I need. Hopefully there are people around who can help me to make my list shorter. The pedigrees I am looking for are:

TAURAID ISC 13354

MOANRUAD TWEED ISC 10383

ALEXANDRA ROSE ISC 10351

PORTLAIRGE KILSHEELAN LODGER ISC 10048

BRUCE OF KNOCKALLA ISC 10049

SECOND DRISLANE ISC 10050

SNIPE ISC 12838

DISPERIN ISC 12839

DERRYCARNE IRISH

SULHAMSTEAD DAN D'OR (DAM ONLY) ISC 11623

MONAINCHA SURPRISE

CIAROG MALLAITHE

BUSTED FLUSH

MOCHONOG BEAUICK

SHEELAGH OF COISAIN ISC 14346

FERNGLADE DOVER

GIDLANA MBREIMNI

ACHILL JUDY

RUBY OF MOUNT EAGLE ISC 14329

COOLAGARRANROE LADY ISC 11860

MOYLRATHBELLE ISC 10249

BREACH O”CUCHULAIN NHSB 290545

POLYANDRIE’S RED STAR

HVISSINGES-ROD-KARHVISSINGES HEIDI ISC 12762?

POGGI DKK 09517/70

BELLA AV SVENDBORG ISC 13301

WAYDOWN COREALY A1876

GLENAROUSKE STAR ISC 15376

GAMEFINDER ISC 12770

MOANRUAD PAUL

MOYMORE COLLEEN

Regards,

Astrid.

Views: 1252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, have you tried the Kennel Club UK, they should be able to help with Sulhamstead lines and Monroad.  Bill Rasbridge had some of Florence's bloodlines, she was a formiddable woman, seemingly she was the first licensed female race horse trainer when it was a very male dominated field!!!   When I started showing Irish I arrived at a show and as I went into the hall, this small brusque, small woman handed over to me two huge Irish Wolfhounds and told me "girl - follow me to the benches"!  I just trotted behind her, no idea who she was, struggling with my own Irish setter and bags.  They were so strong, my goodness, I thought I was going to be pulled down.  When we got to the benches she told the dogs to get up and they did!!

She didn't thank me, or indeed even look at me, I was dismissed and that was that - I don't think anyone had ever denied her and she just expected people to "do" for her.  Years later, I met her again and unbelievably she remembered me and recalled the incident in a matter of fact way and as she walked away she turned and asked me what became of my "lovely Irish Setter" which I was astonished by.    

Anyway, type in Sulhamstead Irish Setters and you may be able to track bloodlines from there and the other dogs you are looking for.   I'm assuming that they are working bloodlines and if they are you could try contacting Dominic Gourtobe Upperwood English Setters in Darley Dale who had or has working Irish and he may be able to help.  I think there was a gentleman called Peter Orr who also had working Irish and he may also be able to help and Dominic may have his contact telephone number.

Hi Georgina, thank you for sharing that story. I enjoyed reading it!

I haven't tried the Kennel Club yet but I will give it a try. I googled on the Sulhamstead kennels but couldn't find the pedigrees I needed. These dogs are 100% working lines but only a few people I know from this world were able to help me. Thank you for the tips!

Hi Astrid,

How successful have you been in your search?

Have you tried www.hooley-irish-setters.co.uk, it is brilliant!

Jutta, the Hooley site is brilliant. I know this site! ;-)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service