Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Just to make you laugh but not only did Reuben chew up a brand new passport (costing £77) that was delivered by courier when I was out. But he insists on constant jumping up on work surfaces and I have resorted to gin & tonic medication ( for me that is).
Seriously though do they ever understand the 'off' comand and how can I enforce it?
Grrrrrrrrrr.......

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Sue's pup Robin was the funniest one! What was that doing on the street? ROFL
Years ago we had Diggory who opened the fridge and so Bob fitted a child lock, he came in to triumphantly tell me he'd done it.....followed closely by Diggs with the lock in his mouth!
I love this story
When Bella was about 5 months she used to have a problem with David's specs, I think it was because they were on and off all the time as he only has them for reading whereas I wear mine all the time and she barely gives them a second glance. So one day he had left them where we thought they were unreachable on the kitchen island and were going about our business when we saw that tell-tale dash past filled with pride that you instantly recognise means something has been stolen. Now we had been working on the "ignore the bad behaviour as you are only rewarding it with attention" strategy which was working to a larger extent with the stealing until we spied that clutched between her chops were David's £400 6-month old glasses. I instantly extracted them and explained to Bella that she really couldn't afford to break them as her pocket money was already negative due to the clothes, rugs and other items of ours she had written off in the early days. To this day we absolutely have no idea how she got to them as she was far too small to reach by normal Setter methodology....... we think there must have been some pogo-ing involved.

Her current thing is breaking in to her toy box, which I understand is filled with her toys and she considers it to be entirely within her rights to do so. However Bella is a bit of a spoilt dog as whenever friends or family come to visit they bring her a new toy, and she isn't satisfied until absolutely all of them are out and spread around the family room creating all sorts of trip hazards and twisted ankles for me. I think I'm going to have to relocate it and just leave a smaller one in there. It does keep her entertained for about half an hour though in getting the lid off and emptying everything as she can't tip it.... so it's tempting to keep it there.... I'm trying to teach "put it away" but so far zero success.

She is a regular counter surfer but only for food, unpacking the weekly shop always requires her assistance to check out everything that has been bought into the house.
O dear! Gina knows "leave it" and she lets go of stuff - as long as I keep an eye on her.

However, a week ago she got hold of my mobile. She tried to dial a number with her teeth, but as she forgot to read the instruction manual she wrecked the good ole mobile.

My fault - I left the thing on the table.

Yes, and a good friend of mine calms her dogs down with Valium - better to stick with Gin Tonic for yourself:))
Even though I have valium here I would never consider, tempting as it would seem, to drug my dog to behave better or relax. I would feel guilty. That is like some woman we knew who gave her babies cough medicine to help them sleep through the night! It so wrong......
Jinty chewed my leather wallet and put holes in my credit cards - didn't stop me shopping though! ;)
Rio has just decided I have ignored him for long enough!.... I was sitting here at the computer when Rio jumped up.......next thing I know the chair starts to tip over backwards, my head rattled against the radiator, I've knocked my teeth together, breath knocked out of me and am rather shocked, Boo! Hoo!, - Rio's fine!,
Oh dear jennifer, hope u okay! Reuben currently chasing the lawn mower (with husband attached) round the garden! Last nite he cleared up some paperwork for me, much cheaper than shredders at least! And reubs also thinks the garden doesn't have enough holes in the lawn. Hey ho, naughty but happy teenager, lol
Oh dear jennifer, hope u okay! Reuben currently chasing the lawn mower (with husband attached) round the garden! Last nite he cleared up some paperwork for me, much cheaper than shredders at least! And reubs also thinks the garden doesn't have enough holes in the lawn. Hey ho, naughty but happy teenager, lol
I'm OK thanks - a little shaken up!! - Rio's exactly the same with husband and lawn mower ;D, It's just started raining here and Rio has charged in the house after digging in the garden and is covered in mud and wants to race around everywhere! - sounds like Reuben and Rio are soul brothers!!
Here's a wonderful way to relax after your irish setter has been crazy all day. Fresh baked bread and a nice hot bath. I baked a lovely loaf and--clearly tired out from a day of setter high jinks--left it on the bread board to cool. I was just lowering myself into that nice hot bath when I realized the obvious ... I leaped out of the bath and flew downstairs naked but was still too late. The lovely bread was gone and the bath now ruined. So gin and tonics are probably a far superior option!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service