Still not learnt 84 posts about problems with hunters.
New topic, and a photo as a gift for hunters (other setters lovers ass well).
In stead of arguing could you talk with not so experienced setter owners abouT:
- how to practice with setter to point,
- how to choose a best puppy in litter, best means excellent nose, hunting instinct,
- do you have some method to chake up noses of puppies,
- what age you make these tests,
- what age you start any hunting practice with puppy,
- how to incite love to water when setter doesn't like to swim,
- how to control and stop emotional setter when he want to rush birds,
- how to teach setter ignoring game: hare, deer etc.,
- how to accustom setter (esp. when he doesn't live with hunter) to shots,
- how to practice aport,
- how to teach setter obedience.
etsettera, etsettera, etsettera, etsettera...
(I found on this site somebody with this pedigree, great, fantastic name for setters kennel!!!:))))
Each one has his own experience, we can choose information on cases, methods, solutions with problems...
When my Bajka was young, I knew nothing about this, she passed field trial (not contest, but proof) when she was more than 2 years old, when we were in field, commision ask me to put Bajka in the meadow to find bird, she did it in few seconds, there were quails which Bajka feeled and hunters commision saw, but I didn't.
Ten years later thing differ, but I still learn this things to teach my Kruszyna.
So instead arguing in bad way let's talk about hunting setters...