Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

As an interim measure until the official register provided by the Kennel Club is fully up and running, the SEISC has decided to offer an opportunity for owners to post their recent PRA rcd4 DNA test results.
This will be on our PRA rcd4 page.
This is available to all owners worldwide not just SEISC members and will be in a similar format to that already used by the Kennel Club.

For further details please see the Club website www.seisc.co.uk.

Listing will be available sometime today - slight kink in my "html"  !!

Views: 61966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The AHT has clear and detailed information on their site concerning PRA in the Irish Setter. Melinda, I think you may find most answers to your questions here:

http://www.aht.org.uk/cms-display/genetics_prarcd4_irish.html

Ann, I am getting my dogs tested for various reasons:

1) The sire of my brood bitch went blind aged 9 years and was proven 'affected' by PRA rcd4. I wish to know the status of my dogs and have an idea how this may or may not affect the dogs I have bred.

2) I wish to help find out how widespread the problem is within the breed population and hereby help any research into the condition.

I am fortunate that as yet I have none that have been tested 'affected'.

Thanks for that link, Susan.  Very interesting information!

Have waited for both results before posting.

Wyldfire Cuchulainn for Bluestack ( Grayrigge Ewan by Romarne x Brookesands Maranello from Wyldfire) - CARRIER

Rionore Ice Lord over Bluestack ( Reddins Pause at Magiconkers x Covarney Bewitched Between Rionore) - AFFECTED

So... good and bad, much like many others. Wanted to know, and glad I do, so we can keep an eye open as time goes by. Hopefully we'll get lucky and have no problems. Funnily enough we haven't had the oldies tested, and I don't know whether I want to at the moment.

Thank you for that mel. We're pretty upbeat really about it...I've worked with people with disabilities and know how adaptable they can be, and I'm sure its the same for our pets. I'm a great believer in mind over matter and the eternal optimist too, so on we go :-)

I have received my result for my Miss Bridget - Millcroft Moon Dreamer (IMP UK) - CLEAR.  (S: Millcroft Moon Pirate; D: Millcroft Moondaisy).   I am so excited!! 

I am still waiting on my Clacy's result.....

Wonderful news, Cheryl!
Wonderful news Cheryl.  Yesterday I just sent off Ciara's and have now the anxious wait for the results.
Great news Cheryl.   Miss Bridget makes the third litter mate clear.
Hi Camilla no I didn't. Can you reply to kenn-slo@ntlworld please with copy of certificate - many thanks

Hi Gillian, I have sent you my result for Bridget today too.  Can you please repeat your e-mail address.  I sent mine to kenn-slo@ntlworld.com  is this correct?

thanks, Cheryl

Four pages of clear results published 1st November on the Kennel Club site

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/11673/irishsetterpra4clear...

I think it must have been 'work in progress'. Yesterday, when I looked, there was only the clear pdf from 1st Nov and a few carriers from October. I do have all three November pdf files now, following Sue's link.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service