Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

My thanks to everyone for your words of support and comfort, which have greatly heartened me and helped to alleviate my sadness. Thank you !

We still can't believe that she is really gone !  Much too soon, Chickadee would only have been 8 years old in December.  With the birth of Girly's pups we would have rejoiced to see her in her role as a fabulous grandma.   The house is really empty without her ... we miss her presence so much, our grief is unbearable.

Some words for my sweet darling . . .

"Hello my beautiful one, already more than 24 hours since you left us, I can't believe it, is it a nightmare ? I hope that you are fine wherever you are, and that you are together with your loved ones, I'm certain that your mama and your grandma are there to watch over you. Oh my beautiful girl, my tears won't stop and I'm missing the comfort you used to bring me. Thank you my darling for being here for more than seven years, and what years they were ! You and I were one, you responded to everything I said to you, even the tiniest word. When we went walking together you constantly watched me, as I did you, and I believe we almost become one being together. With you I discovered the whole world of dogs : as for obedience where you excelled (when you wanted to !), you won your diploma for obedience at the first attempt and with 91.5% ! We discovered hunting together, and you adored it, although you never quite grasped that you were supposed to stop the game, not catch it and bring it to me as a present ! You would have made an excellent retriever !! You were a queen in the show ring, and you gave me the most wonderful times. When you climbed to the highest steps on the podium, you knew just how to make everyone talk about you ! What joy you brought me. All our wonderful times together are engraved on my heart for ever. Thank you for having given me two marvellous little ones, they are my pride and joy and you too can be proud of them. You gave life to 21 magnificent children, you were such a kind and sweet mama. In a few days your little Girly will also give life to more grandsons and grand-daughters - and we will still think about what a wonderful grandma you would have made ! We won't forget to whisper in the ears of the little ones just how exceptional you were, and how they must do everything possible to shine in your memory. And now I must carry on without you. I'll try to be strong, but believe me, this is not "au revoir", but rather "see you soon" my beautiful, my sweet Chickadee. "

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh what a sad time for you.  I have enjoyed so many of your videos and photos.  May your sadness be replaced quickly with lovely memories. 
Truly gone too soon....my heart goes out to you for your loss.
Dear Charlotte, such wonderful words and what a wonderful tribute for a truly wonderful girl. We are profoundly grateful to be the human pets of one of Chickadee's babies. Thinking of you with all our love, George,Lynne, Zoé, Phoebe & Caline.xxxx
Hi Charlotte, what a beautiful montage of pictures and video, a  fitting tribute to a loving girl, I am very sad for you but believe the many wonderful memories of her  will help you so much at this time. Thinking of you, Take care, big hugs to you all xx

Chère Charlotte,

quand j'ai entendu cette triste nouvelle vendredi soir je n'ai pas voulu la croire... cela me fait mal au coeur. Chickadee et toi, vous avez commencé ensemble dans le monde des setters dans tout le facettes et vous avez vécu des moment inoubliables. En plus, c'est grâce à Chickadee qu'une nouvelle éleveuse avec des idées claires, avec les meilleures intérêts pour la race, a fait ses premier pas dans le monde de l'élevage des setters sains et beaux.

Nos amis a quattre pattes nous emmène tant de joie mais aussie tant de peine quand ils nous quittent - mais que serait notre vie sans eux? Garde tes mémoirs inoubliables de ta copine, elle restera dans ton coeur pour toujours. Bon courage!

I'm so sorry for your lost ..

She was much to young to lose ..

i wish you a lot of joy with her grandchildren..

A beautiful tribute for a pretty Irish Girl!!

charlotte i won that i could take your pain away

i dont what i must say .you spaek verry nice woords about chicadee

she is forever in your hart

i hoop you are becom verry nice puppys from girly her daughter .

i big hug to your all

rieky

charlotte, cant  stop watching your video and crying... tell us what happened.. if you can.. I would love to take the pain out., must be unbearable.. we are close to you.. keep strong..
So beautiful, Charlotte.  And so very sad.  Big hugs to you.
So sad .......so beutiful girl.....i cry...cant say much more words ...you must be strong ....and Chickadee stay in our hearts...

Lovely tribute to a lovely dog.  This has brought tears to my eyes thinking of you at this time x

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service