Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

This is a good test to see if you are suitable for a setter ..

Go for a walk and stretch your arm as far as possible, after a few steps try even to stretch even further..
Say with a friendly voice the command FOLLOW..Now say it a few time's a lot louder ..Follow..
Now shout it out ....STOP PULLING DARN...and ignore the way that people look at you...
Forget your luxe BMW and buy right away a stationwagon.
Now buy cookies en bones in a petstore..
Smash the cookies on the seats and in the back of your car...and throw the bones around in the car...
Go to a barber and ask if you can take all the hair of last week home with you..and throw this around in your car .
And now make with some mud some beautiful prints on your carseats..and to finish it ,scratch with a rake over the outside of your car doors...perfect ....

Make yourself ready to leave your home well dressed and try to go stealthily away...
Walk halfway your gardenpath and than go back ..try it 5 minutes later again ..but go back inside your home and turn on the radio..
than make some calming noices ..than try to go out agian...just go back home and call your friends to ask them if they want to come over to your place instead off you visit them..

Do you have your beautifull garden ready for the summer ? ask the little children of your neighbors to play soccer in your garden ...
Practice to sit on 1/8 off your chair, and also to balance your kop of Thee on the armrest of your chair..
Try to eat a biscuit very quiet ,give it up and sprinkle the crumb's al over the seat..
Tie 2 forks on a dog strap and hang it over the doorknob...try a few times to take the strap without making a sound ...if you make any noice ,thake the fork and scratch over your leg ..
Repeat this action several times..
Repeat everything you say at least 5 times ..repeat everything you say........
If you have visitors let them sit on your sofa and throw a sack of potatos ( 35 kg ) on their lap..and rob a wet sponge in their face..than you apologise..

Go and practice to take something very fast out of the fridge, keep in mind what you want to have out of the fridge and remember where it stands..if it takes more than 10 seconds , sorry you lost half of everything in the fridge..

How do you get used to way your house looks when you are cleaning?
At first the windows , clean them very good ..are they clean ? good ...make your hands dirty and rob over your clean windows...do this twice a day..
Use the vacuúmcleaner to clean the floors, when ready sprinkle sand al over the floor and do this several time's a day .
Go en visit people who has a setter and ask them how in gods name it is possible that he behaves so idiotic at time's ...
Ask them how they managed it to let the pup sleep a little bit longer , or how they made him house clean..
Ask them how they managed to learn the dog table manners , or even manners at all ...!!!!
It wil be the last time that you get answers to your questions...

To experience how a night wil be when you have a setter ( most setters sleep in bed ) , go to bed at 10 hour .
set the alarm of your alarmclock at midnight end throw your self out of bed on the floor ..
Put a big heavy sack of potato's on the blankets end try to get in bed and under the blankets again..
Set the alarm on half six in the morning and just before the alarm go's off hit yourself with a big wet sponge in your face ...
Can you handle the trash that a setter make's...to find out try the next thing !!!!!
First at all , clean your house totaly , throw a bucket of mud over your polished kitchen floor .
Pick up some mud and rub it on the kitchen cupboards ,fridge and oven ..
Make shure that you have mud on your shoes and walk over the carpet in the living and hall..
Put your hand in a flowerpot and whipe them off on the wall !! So how do you think it looks ????
After reading this you still don't have a nervous breakdown ,? Please feel free to take a setter !!!!
Enjoy owning a setter , it wil change your life ...............

Views: 1661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh God so so funny but oh so true lol!! My floors, garden and everything else is descibed here!!

Very very funny and yes so true

Loved it especially the bit about them lying on the bed and us trying to get back in

Don't forget that on your trip to the beauty shop or barber's to request RED hair especially !!! And don't just spread it about your car, your house will need a liberal dose, particularly in corners and under things!

As to them moving you out of your bed - last night - one curled up daintily at my feet, Se the Lout hopped up and plopped himself ON MY HEAD. He got chukked to the floor in short order. Cheeky.

Oh how true put like that sounds horrendous but would we change a thing!

This has me laughing.  So true!

I now know why my life is in total chaos and has been for 30 yrs nothing to do with me it's the Reds!! What a wonderful excuse I don't even need to apologise

how I love this test :))) so true!!!

HaHaHaHa, very clever, and soooooooooooooo right!

Hi Sue I thought mine were naughty however I am only too happy to hand the badge to you I'm sure on another discussion you also told the story of who 'humps' who just loved the stories so please accept the badge with all good wishes!

Of course I failed the test as my setters are so perfect! Ha! Arthur pulls up plants when it is dark,he knows we can't see,then brings them in complete with root ball and soil and shakes vigorously!

A vert funny post Frans,thank you.

Don't believe any of this Howard at the end of the day they say we all get the child we deserve I'm sure the same applies to our Reds!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service