Exclusively Setters

Home for Irish Setter Lovers Around the World

Forum Discussions (1,483)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is the passion to hunt inborn or is it a learning process? Does a dog have to learn to use his nose?

Dusan and I have been leading a nice quiet discussion between the two of us in the group 'hunting Irish'. The above question cropped up an…

Started by Susan Stone

17 Feb 18, 2008
Reply by Rob Clay

The art of showing an irish setter...

I thought (as we have so many experts in this field) we could start a thread giving each other hints on how to do it properly. Searching th…

Started by ursula wilby

16 Feb 11, 2008
Reply by Vojna Medvedec

ultra sound scan from the heart??

just want your opinion , lately some young gordons , one elderly gordon and one english died suddenly , when they where running around the…

Started by yvonne

3 Jan 25, 2008
Reply by Susan Stone

Memorial/Tribute Thread for all of our Dogs that have passed (waiting at the Bridge)

I wanted to start a thread like this for a while, but didn’t know exactly where to do it so I believe this is as good a place as any. I wa…

Started by Gene

22 Jan 19, 2008
Reply by ursula wilby

Basic instincts?

Here is a question/story not for the faint hearted first-time-breeder. Back in the 90s I had a bitch (bred by me) co-owned with a friend.…

Started by ursula wilby

10 Jan 14, 2008
Reply by ursula wilby

Private messages gone

Thought this was the easiest way to ask you all: do you have your private messages left? Mine disappeared yesterday evening, I only have th…

Started by Laura Kolbach

28 Jan 9, 2008
Reply by Gene

Setter Songs Revisited

In a previous discussion I was quite surprised to realize that between all of us, we could only come up with two songs about Irish Setters.…

Started by Joan Clancy

2 Jan 8, 2008
Reply by Joan Clancy

Loveable Loonies

Want to swap loveable looney stories? Okay - here's what my loveable loonies were just up to last week. They've been getting roaming privil…

Started by Mary S.

1 Jan 7, 2008
Reply by Laura Kolbach

The 'winter nose'

Does anyone know why dog's noses can change from black to an ugly brown during the winter months? Is there anything I can do to stop it hap…

Started by Susan Stone

29 Jan 6, 2008
Reply by ursula wilby

Marking of puppies

With a new litter of ten, I am once again faced with the problem of identification of each individual puppy. I normally cut their fur in di…

Started by ursula wilby

19 Dec 30, 2007
Reply by ursula wilby

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Gene.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service